Watching the runner burn themselves is a special kind of fun. The title come from the Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood). That line feel just right for this deck.
From previous experiment came some interesting facts.
- Preemptive Action really shine here. Bringing back Snare!, sometime econ cards and bringing Mushin back in the deck really help. On top of that, it keep the agendas more diluted. Forcing the runner to make more run, for more pain :-)
- Punitive Counterstrike is not good for this deck. The runner will easily build a huge pile of creds, since there is almost no cost to trash anything and nothing to spend credit on, once they figure out that there is no ices. The trace(5) will probably never land.
- Stock Buy-Back is an amazing econ card. By mid game, Stock Buy-Back can net you 21 creds and more.
- Having 9 negatives agendas really make this deck function. Without it, you almost automatically lose. With it, the pain for getting the Obotoka is compounded by the fact that the runner just got to 1 agenda point total, even with 5 agendas in hand ;-)
- Neural EMP is so powerful if you can put a Prisec with Obotoka. It allow you to kill the runner easily.
- Exchange of Information and High-Profile Target give you awesome tag punishment. BOOM! could also be considered, but it is more easily trashable.
- Being rich does nothing for the runner. Being able to draw effiently is the main key to win here.
- Psychic Field does better than Project Junebug here. Even with 7 cards in hand, running last click on Psychic Field set the runner to be killed with Neural EMP or by scoring any agenda. Also, it's a great thing agaist 419.
- Sadly, slots become tights and I was not able to put more econ card in the deck. Which mean you'll be clicking for credits.
- If you need to trash agenda, the best one to trash is Fetal AI. Bonus point if you trashed Shi.Kyu or News Team also :-)
- Mushin No Shin on Snares or Psychic Field is an epic way to mind game the runner.
This is the continuation of the iceless experiment. The first one ("Trap iceless") was with Saraswati. While it worked, I found it did not have enough bite.
The reason for switching from Saraswati to PE is simple : pain! With the ID, you can actually flatline the runner by scoring a Sting! Also, finding any Snare mean no more run for the runner, since the runner has to build the grip back, in case of Obotoka (which cost 5 cards). Also, Obotoka + Prisec mean the runner need 6 cards in hand, and must run first click, or risk being flatlined by scoring a Sting. And if a House of Knives is in play, then good luck to the runner.
And finally, I did the unthinkable : No Rashida in the deck. IPO instead. More creds, less milling the deck. There should be less clicking for creds. Also, all assets are traps now.
There is a that special fealing from playing iceless. It is almost a permanent dare to your opponent : "Are you feeling lucky... punk?"
And then you smile... and wink ;-)