- prevents nasty surprises - such as Archer, or Komainu
- sometimes puts the Corporation between a rock and a hard place
- might be a waste of resources if the ice ends up something tiny like Pop-up Window - although even then, now you know what it is
- the big question is: would you rather trash one piece of Ice or have the Corp pay for it?
- can aid an Ice destruction strategy, if you can keep the Corp poor (Account Siphon etc.). If you can get the Corp poor, you can use Emergency Shutdown to derez an ice, then follow up with this for a guaranteed outcome of an ice trash
- can be useful to drain the Corps coffers on a different(!) server before making a run
- As Corp: don't install Ice you can't rez (or afford to lose)
- however play Forged Activation Orders wisely, if you have a Killer, then running on a server probably has the same effect (Corp rezzes Ice)
- One dilemma though: In order to use Forged Activation Orders well, you have to have a good read on the Corp player. If you have a good read however, why do you need Forged Activation Orders?
- So it is probably being put to good use when played on Ice behind some other Ice - e.g. What you got there after Chum?