Commonly referred to as 'SMC'.
- can tutor for any program, including non-icebreakers
- can be used midrun to tutor a program needed to break a just-rezzed piece of ice
- can be difficult to have available in mid-late game
- Can be expensive to pay full install cost of an expensive breaker + 2
- Leprechaun is the perfect place to install this, as the MU cost of programs is irrelevant to Leprechaun
- can also be installed on Djinn, and then used to install a breaker (installing the breaker elsewhere, not on Djinn)
- Clone Chip can be used to install this, then immediately use this to get the program you need - effectively turning Clone Chips into extra SMCs - this can even be done mid-run
- with an installed and sufficiently loaded Datasucker, SMC can be used to fetch a Parasite and destroy an ice on facechecking it, before its subroutines fire - this technique is known as 'Parasite bombing'
- including single copies of efficient one-use breakers like Deus X and Sharpshooter is powerful with SMC able to fetch them exactly when needed
- As a 0 program, it can waste Kate "Mac" McCaffrey's program install discount
- However, it can be used during the Corp turn to get Kate's discount a bonus time (since the discount is once per each player turn)
- a faction-defining card for Shaper, it fits into many, many different Shaper decks
- Clone Chip very frequently pairs with it, to get the same instant-install effect from the heap
- it is an interesting contrast with Test Run
- SMC shines as a way to safely facecheck ice, but can require a large amount of credits on hand to pay ability cost, install cost of breaker, cost to boost breaker, and cost to break subroutines.
- Test Run on the other hand shines as a way to affordably break a rezzed ice this turn, as it lets you to temporarily install any breaker without paying its install cost - perfect with Femme Fatale