On of the topics that Nisei is covering (as fantasy flight did before) is doing retakes of key existing cards (always with a twist) so they can rotate at some point.
You had Account Siphon that were converted into Diversion of Funds. You have Cloak that became Mantle, Clone Chip that now you can say that's a Simulchip. (But Jackson Howard will live always in our hearts)
In this case the card that you this cards compares to it's a jinteki special one, Mushin No Shin. That card was ensuring that if you play that, you're using another game that's not you're tipycal glacier. And it went over of that jinteki those days could be very poor.
Nowadays there are several things that make our old friend Mushin No Shin. Mainly one of those cards that gived also much appeal to buff assets in servers: NGO Front. One of the reasonable drawbacks of Mushin No Shin it's that it prevented fast advance. You were not allowed to score that agenda for 0 credits without allowing the runner to go for that (with 0 or 1 ice in front) but you could not also rez if it's an NGO.
This card takes a different approach, so let's take the differences:
- It puts 2 counters instead of 3
- You hide all your archives.
- You can trash your cards that spice your archives right up (with Breached Dome or News Team for example).
- You can install from archives (or from your hand via trashing first).
- You pay for those counters.
- You can rez or score if you want to. (so it's NGO Front-friendly)
- You can install in a existing remote with ICE
An the (important similarities)
It allows you to put counters into a not advancable card (like Snare! or another money asset just to bluf it)
In overall I think it's a good card with enough difference to live with Mushin no shin.