You better have a good target to derez. If you compare this to Eli 1.0, you are paying an extra 2 credits for its rez ability, and that's not a small fee. Sure, you have a better chance to land a brain damage and end a run, but if that's your main reason to play Hákarl, there's a few problem with it:
- 5 credit is a lot at early game.
- Its cost becomes even more prohibitive if you don't have a good derez target.
- At midgame, it becomes less useful once the Runner has a fracter ready.
- Its subroutines can still be broken by Boomerang, Botulus, etc.
So therefore, you are not playing Hákarl for its subroutines; you are playing for its wombo-combo potential. For example, you can derez:
- Nico Campaign to reload 9 extra credits.
- Magnet to host an extra virus card.
- Spin Doctor to draw 4 cards in total.
- Anemone to do another guaranteed 2 net damage.
But the big question is: Is this worth an extra 2 credits over Eli 1.0? So far, there's not a lot of good use of this card, so I'm hoping this will change once the entire Midnight Sun set is released.