Enhanced Login Protocol
Pure click compression against decks that run few run events. Less great against Ken "Express" Tenma, and Criminal in general but it may be the new hotness for Jinteki Replicating Perfection.
• It's a current, so the effect sticks around and is hard to remove.
• 2 to initiate a run means less prep time, and less clicks available to exploit the (in faction) Bioroid Ice's primary weakness.
• It can be played around (digging for Dirty Laundry, The Maker's Eye, Legwork, Siphon, etc.) but this buys time anyway.
• Despite its persistent nature, it is not installed, therefore no Interns retrieval.
• Weaker against decks that tend to run only once per turn (e.g. Kit, Reina Roja).
• Like all currents, "random" lucky digs can blow your investment, so you tend to try to defend centrals harder.
• The effect is telegraphed in the Corp's turn unlike, say, a surprise rez of Ruhr Valley or Off the Grid.
• Jinteki RP; a little bit of influence tweaking is required but directly replaces Encryption Protocol in that variant.
• Bioroid Ice all get stronger with less clicks available to the Runner.
• Anti-synergy with Heinlein Grid; without spare clicks to spend/lose, this region likely won't fire under ELP.
• Strongbox: if the Runner doesn't see this coming, and plays [click]:draw, [click]:gain credits, [click, click]: run the scoring remote, then they haven't got a [click] to spend to steal an Agenda.
• Ruhr Valley, rezzed after the Runner's second [click], this requires 3[clicks] to initiate a run on the scoring remote and provides a one turn soft lock.
• False Lead: with ELP down, forfeiting False Lead to make the Runner lose clicks 2 & 3, this also provides a one turn soft lock against any runs (not involving run events)