For Anarch, this is much needed in-faction draw power, cheaper than Quality Time and is multi-modal, so provides different uses depending on the deck design.
• Cheap dig for four cards.
• Mills programs for a little money (less payout than Freelance Coding Contract).
• Draw, conversely, any Hardware, Events and Resources you see.
• Programs are, by far, the easiest card type to retrieve from trash heap.
• Costs 1[credit], so not a great money maker (likely worse than Easy Mark / Cache).
• The Runner heap is 'vulnerable' (now) to Chronos Project.
• The cards are revealed, so you're giving away information (a non-surprise Account Siphon is far harder to achieve).
• Makes for an excellent 2 Influence splash into Exile: Streethawk; he wants Programs in the heap to enable his ability.
• Weakly combines with Motivation (you see at least one card before Injecting).
• Clone Chip can pull back a Program before the Corp can respond.
• Anti-synergistic with Oracle May (she trashes bad "guesses").
• cf./contrast with Express Delivery
• For guaranteed draw you're still better off with Diesel (0[credits]/••) or Quality Time (3[credits] /•).