The new Architect? Yes or No?
- 1 credit cheaper so you can rez it for 3
- You can get back any card from Archives, Hedge Fund anyone?
- You can get 2 cards out of Archives
- It's not that good in Assett spam decks
- Trashable! This is a huge thing! Against Freedom Khumalo: Crypto-Anarchist I loved to have 2 ICE with the outermost being Architect so both ICE where protected against Hippo.
- You can't install 2 cards
- You can't peek into R&D
- The art is worse ;-) especially compared to the full bleed Architect but I like it!
I think this is a Sentry to go for HB, the face check is punishing from the early game, sometimes from Turn 1. It's cheap for a Sentry and usually gives you forward tempo, by installing a Rashida Jaheem again, a trashed ICE or defensive Upgrade like Ash 2X3ZB9CY.
I have mixed feelings about it compared to Architect. The fact that it costs 1 less is something, that it let's you get back a card to hand is huge, especially in these Fully Operational HB lists, but it's also nice to use it again for even a Hedge Fund as it pays back itself this way.
It's worse in asset decks, as it only gives you 1 install
Very much agree with the con of it being trashable. The replacement architect we needed was not another recursion piece for HB, but another untrashable ICE (which there are NONE now in the game to my knowledge). Still good ICE for the price, though.— Aterriblesound