Mindscaping, aka. “Jinteki-Level Clearance”, aka. “Low-Profile Target”.
For example, if the Runner floated a pair of tags (such as from Phoneutria and Snare!, or from their own Eru Ayase-Pessoa and Hannah "Wheels" Pilintra), Mindscaping will
Do 2 net damage. However, even if they've floated infinite tags (such as for Counter Surveillance), you'll still need two Mindscaping to flatline them (
Do 3 net damage. Do 2 net damage.).
Otherwise, Mindscaping can simply net
+$2 and “
+0c” (nb. most cards net
-1 card when played), with some selection and manipulation. For example, you can en-Snare! R&D. Or you can just top an agenda from HQ (if R&D is better protected, or if you have a shuffling effect, or so on). You can top an (untrashable) ice to shield against R&D breaches (or to slow down multiaccess, milling, and so on).
Design: I love the loosening and spreading out of tag-punishment. Mindscaping is tag-scaling (punishing “float two” more than “float one”), but proportionate (1 damage-per-tag) and upper-bounded (to 3 tags). Mindscaping:
- is tag-scaling (punishing “float two” more than “float one”), but proportionate (1 damage-per-tag) and upper-bounded (to 3 tags).
- has a “hedge mode” (an unconditional, but small, effect) and “hate mode” (a large, but conditional, effect).
I also like Jinteki's heritage/sermon effects (ie.
Draw X cards. Add 1 card from HQ to the top of R&D.), both the decision making (“What should I put back?”) and the mind games (“What will the Runner think I put back?”).
- Reverse Infection: the original Jinteki modal with a (minor) econ mode and a (major) hate mode.
- Green Level Clearance: also nets a card and two credits.
- Neurospike: can also cleanly
Do 3 net damage.
- Complete Image
Flavor: The more Jinteki knows about you, more they can “landscape” your mind, into a flatlineable neuro-topiary (like Caprice Nisei with her bonsai tree).
Hello everyone, I often read your stuff and actively participate in this conversation. Check out this page as well. https://accessmcd.info/— Davis jones