- Can be searched with Djinn.
- Combos well with Grimoire, Imp and Demolition Run
- Triggers Noises ability
- Is dangerous to use when net damage ambushes like Snare! and Fetal AI are around, but you can choose how much you want to access, so be careful.
- Can be useless, if R&D is well defended and virus counters get purged.
- Very dangerous if you can make multiple runs during a single turn
- Multiple Mediums stack, just be aware that the total number of accesses is x+y-1 and not x+y (if the Mediums have x and y virus counters respectively)
- This is especially dangerous with Personal Workshop since you can install Medium from the Workshop without spending clicks during that turn. It is not uncommom to blast R&D wide open and run multiple times
- When to purge? That's the big question. If R&D is poorly defended then purging won't do any good because the virus counters can be regained too soon. So keep R&D well defended when suspecting (or facing) a Medium. This makes Medium a pretty strategy defining card. When the runner could install a Medium and run thrice on R&D, then you better get cracking elsewhere or defend R&D better.
- For that purpose Ice with an unbreakable component probably works best to keep the runner from stomping R&D, Tollbooth or Data Raven come to mind
- another interesting way of defending R&D against Medium is with an Ice Wall plus Matrix Analyzer. As the runner loads his Medium with counters, you improve your Ice Wall along, so you kind of "keep up". Additionally Anarchs are usually the easiest to trace, so even a Trace2 for a tag is probably a concern for them, especially when they want to use as many clicks per turn on running.