Ice Carver represents the Anarch way of life; slowly and steadily corrupt your obstacle. Gain access through decay.
Let's compare it to its common counterpart: Datasucker.
- Does not require successful runs or limited virus counters to function. Affects all ice (save Lotus), all the time.
- Only succeptible to tag-trashing; safer for facechecking.
- Requires no MU.
- Costs 2 more to install.
- Not capable of draining ice strength.
- Unique, limited to 1 at a time. Extras can be dead draws.
- Not tutorable at all.
- High influence makes it harder to splash.
Bishop - Best in Caissa decks, uses MU, cheaper, affects 1 ice at a time.
Scrubbed - Costly current that affects 1 ice per turn, with unreliable results.
I'm surprised its not included in more Anarch decks, considering its a super Datasucker! I know I'll try using it more often, especially in Anarch decks that set up first, run later.