Prepaid VoicePAD costs 2 to install and gives 1 recurring credit for Events; Cybsoft's product does much the same for the same cost, but for Programs. If PPVP is good, CMD may be as well, right? Perhaps not so much: PPVP empowers events that don't normally persist so you're often playing more of them. Programs in general aren't being installed every turn, so you'll theoretically see less use out of that recurring credit.
• Unlike Sahasrara, this hardware consumes no MU.
• Unlike Ice Analyzer, the recurring credit isn't conditional on the Corp doing something.
• Unlike Cyberfeeder, the credit isn't dedicated to installing virus Programs.
• The MacroDrive does "force multiply" and as Hardware can be Replicatored.
• Where PPVP gives you credits for Events that, among other things, can make money, few Programs boost your economy.
• Unlike Net Celebrity (which doesn't stack, though) you can't use the credit to power Icebreakers (ditto Cyberfeeder).
• Hardware, barring Trade-In, isn't searchable and if you are going to tutor for Hardware it will likely be something more game changing than this.
• The aforementioned Replicator.
• Trashable Programs (Deus X, Sharpshooter, Grappling Hook) that often get re-installed by program recursion effects.
• SMC / recuring credits for mid-run program installs.
• Nasir Meidan might like recurring credits hosted on cards that don't vanish in the face of a Pop-up Window.