Normally not worth the deck slot - it's nice, but there's stronger stuff you could include instead. However, it did some serious work in Jinteki: Potential Unleashed, much to my surprise. I really underestimated this card. PU grind games are won or lost by how much you disrupt their setup, and well, it's one more net damage for free, isn't it? With the value of each hit being (actually more than) doubled, you can get a lot out of these with some recursion. Wouldn't consider it in any other IDs at the moment.
- Great deterrent if the runner isn't stable yet, or if you're getting close to decking them. Punches above its weight of 0 in intimidation factor.
- If they haven't seen it yet, they'll often assume it's a DNA Tracker or other "real" ICE and hang back.
- Provides yet another tool for creating no-win situations. Use it as a solo ICE to punish running your must-trash assets such as Museum of History or Hostile Infrastructure, or score an early House of Knives behind it. If they run it, well, you're two cards closer to winning, and maybe you hit something important of theirs.
- Has the slight possiblity of aiding kills, maybe after a Komainu or before a Snare.
- Eventually, 90% of my Data Mines end up firing, so they can be considered basically as extra Shocks. I know I'd run more Shocks if I could.
- Dies to AIs, but currently that mostly means Faust - spending cards anyway! - or Atman 2 - sort of a waste of Atman. At some point they'll probably just let it fire because the tax is annoying.