OTG has one companion card that is a must-include: Crisium Grid which means the first Successful run is wasted and will also stop a solo Eater indefinitely. Interns can and should be used to reinstall trashed Crisium Grids.
A few other cards make a lot of sense in OTG decks. Breaker Bay Grid lets the corp rez OTG for just 1. Eden Fragment lets you stack ICE on HQ super deep. Eliza's Toybox, Oversight AI, Bioroid Efficiency Research and Howler allow you to rez really expensive ICE on HQ. Caprice Nisei and Marcus Batty can both be used to prevent successful runs (in Batty's case trashing a key breaker is usually the most profitable method). Interns is also useful for fishing dead ICE from Archives and installing it for free. Free installation is nothing to laugh at when HQ ICE is 3 or 4 deep.
OTG also has a several problem runner cards that it needs to deal with:
- Sneakdoor Beta is a huge problem and both Gabe and Leela are almost certain to have it in-deck
- Feint is less likely but still annoying
- Political Operative once installed can OTG for 0 at any time
- Inside Job also hurts your HQ defense
- Blackmail can walk right through unrezzed HQ ICE
- D4v1d greatly reduces the effectiveness of expensive high-strength ICE
- DDoS (especially when combined with Inside Job) hurts too (EMP Device is also possible but far less common)
- Run Amok, Forked, Knifed, Spooned and Parasite can whittle down HQ ICE
- Crescentus is simply brutal against expensive ICE
- Councilman can prevent a key rez, although you can play around it
- Security Nexus and Femme Fatale can bypass big HQ ICE too
The other big problem for OTG decks is the cost of putting a reasonable amount of defense on R&D.
Now there are lots of great things you can use OTG to defend:
- Agendas! Score them and win the game
- Political Assets (Bankers for 3/turn, Sensie, Clone Suffrage, Bio-Ethics) My suggestion is to stick to Bankers and/or maybe Clone Sufferage (you can use Clone Sufferage to recur Hedge Fund, Restructure or Oversight AI for big money every turn)
- Eliza's Toybox (rez Archer, Curtain Wall, Janus 1.0 or Orion for just )
- You only have 3 OTG in deck MAX. Hurry up and score 7 points!