Fujii Asset Retrieval is both protective and proactive: it does 2
net damage whether either player steals/scores it (just as it raises the
threat level by 3 in either score area).
Design: I really like such agendas (ie. with
When this agenda is scored or stolen, … triggers or
… This ability is active even while this agenda is in the Runner's score area. statics).
- Sting! (or ½ Obokata Protocol + Philotic Entanglement): damaging Jinteki agendas.
- SDS Drone Deployment and Bellona: offensive–defensive
Note that, because it has a conditional ability and not an additional cost (as @Diogene says), FAR:
- can poison Archives if trashed (like two Shock!’s); but
- cannot defend itself if the Runner already has 4–6 agenda points, even if they only have 0–1 cards gripped (eince the game ended as soon as it was stolen, before the stolen-trigger could resolves).
- in Jinteki: Personal Evolution decks, FAR reads
When this agenda is scored or stolen, do 3 net damage..
- Neurospike or Punitive Counterstrike: Its trigger contributes 2 points of damage and its agenda point value another 3 points of damage.
- AP (and damage defense): Agendas that protect themselves via damage amplify ice/upgrades that also protect servers via damage. eg. behind a Daniela Jorge Inácio, and an Attini or Saisentan, Fujii is quasi-unstealable. (cf. Ikawah Project with bioroids.)
Flavor: The "assets" are clones and the "retrieval" is re-enslavement.